- The Gospel of Matthew Bible Study Continues in April. The second part of the Matthew Bible study examination, The Gospel According to Matthew, Part II will be oﬀered Tuesday mornings on April 21, April 28, May 12, and May 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon. The morning session will be facilitated by Deacon Al Barros and will meet in the Parish Hall (unless otherwise notiﬁed). The evening study will begin Wednesday, April 15 and run consecutively April 22, April 29, and May 6 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Christian Formation Center. The evening class will be facilitated by Mrs. LeeAnn Augustine. Picking up where Part I left oﬀ with Matthew Chapter 17, the study continues to reveal through Jesus' teachings what it means to be a disciple. This second part of the study of Matthew reveals a growing tension as Jesus ministers around Jerusalem, is arrested, is cruciﬁed, and rises to new life. Revealed as Emmanuel (God with us) at the start of the Gospel, Jesus will promise his continuing presence as the disciples are commissioned at the close of the Gospel. To reserve one of the limited spaces in both of these class oﬀerings, please contact the Christian Formation Oﬃce (302-644-7413) or email Michael McShane ( [email protected] ) by April 6. A donation of $20 is requested to help defray the cost of materials. Having taken Part I is NOT a prerequisite, everyone is welcome!
- As we begin our tenth year of Perpetual Adoration here at St. Jude's, we invite you, please, to hear and answer the call of Our Eucharistic Lord, Jesus Christ to visit with Him - to speak and listen to Him, to praise and adore Him, to be guided and healed by Him, to pray in confidence to Him for yourself and loved ones . . . . to have His Peace. If you have not yet signed up for an hour of adoration, please prayerfully consider saying "yes" to the invitation you will receive at the weekend Masses of March 7-8. Jesus will thank and bless you - more than you may know. If you were not able to complete an invitation form at one of the Masses this weekend and you would like to sign up for an hour of adoration - or to ask any questions you might have - please call Al Hanley at 302-703-2419.
- We would like to give out Blessed Thorns on Holy Thursday and Good Friday as a remembrance of our Lord's Passion. If you have large thorns, perhaps from a Hawthorne bush, that you can provide, please call the parish office, 302-644-7300 or email at [email protected]
- The Prayer Blanket Committee welcomes requests from anyone experiencing a life-changing challenge, either for themselves or a family member. Requests can be made by contacting a Columbiette facilitator. The facilitators are listed on the brochure which can be found in the vestibule of the church, or online on the church website at www.stjudelewes.org, under Columbiettes. All are welcome to join the Columbiettes the ﬁrst Wednesday of the month from 9:00 to 11:30 AM, in the Christian Formation Center.
- Little Disciples are seeking additional volunteer "teachers" and assistants! Age 3-6 "Little Disciples" program meets with our youngest worshipers on Sunday's during the 10:30 a.m. Mass. Contact Michael McShane ([email protected]) or (302-644-7413) at the Christian Formation Office.
- St. Jude’s Church is in need of more ushers for all Masses. This is a great opportunity for young adults, retired people or anyone who feels called to serve in this capacity. If you can help with this important ministry, please call the parish oﬃce at 302-644-7300.