|Mission Statement: We, the members of St. Jude The Apostle Parish, are committed to living and proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and following the teaching of the Catholic Church. As the People of God, we recognize the universal call to holiness, rooted in Baptism and nourished by the sacraments, especially the Eucharist. We act in charity and justice as a visible sign of our mission to be a house of welcome and a place of service to all.|
Sunday Masses are as follows:
Saturday: 4:00 PM
Sunday 7:00, 8:30 and 10:30 AM
Friday after the 8:00 AM Mass
Saturday from 2:30 - 3:30 PM
Or by Appointment
The Chapel is open from 6 AM Monday through Noon Saturday and from 11 AM to 9 PM Sunday for Adoration.
Closed for lunch 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
St Jude APP
St Jude's has an APP called St Jude the Apostle Catholic Church. You can download it from the Playstore or Apple App Store, OR just text Stjude3 to 555888 for Apple iPhone or Stjude4 to 555888 for an Android. Once you have it, under notifications, you can sign up to receive notifications from any group you are a part of! To see what it looks like: St. Jude App
Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day
We will have a planning meeting on October 24, 7:00 PM for the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12. The meeting will be held in the Parish Office conference room. All are welcome.
Tendremos una reunión de planificación el 24 de octubre a las 7:00 PM para el día de la fiesta de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe el 12 de diciembre. La reunión se llevará a cabo en la sala de conferencias de la Oficina Parroquial. Todos son bienvenidos.
- All are invited to gather in St. Jude’s Chapel for an hour of prayer before the exposed Blessed Sacrament from 10 am to 11 am on Wednesday, October 16 to beseech Our Eucharistic Lord for His most merciful and powerful intervention for repentance and conversion in response to the dreadful aﬄiction upon Holy Mother Church of clerical sexual predation, and its cover up, and for the healing of God’s People who have been so grievously wounded by this iniquity, especially the innocent victims of such abuse.
- St. Jude The Apostle Church will be facilitating the annual FREE flu shot clinic on Saturday October 26, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Religious Education Building (follow the signs). The clinic is sponsored by the Beebe Health Department. The regular (ages 18-64) and high dose (ages 64 and older) flu shots will be administered by Beebe Community Outreach Team Nurses.
- Priesthood Sunday for St Jude's is on Oct 27, with receptions after the 0830 and 1030 masses. You may fill out a spiritual bouquet by clicking here.
- Catholic Charismatic Days of Reﬂection “Glowing with Jesus” Fr. Bob Hilz Friday October 25 7 PM and Saturday October 26 9 AM at St. Jude The Apostle Church, Lewes, DE. Info: Bernadette Baker 302 562 2172 [email protected]
- Holocaust survivor Anne Jaffee Will Speak at St. Jude the Apostle Church in Lewes on November 7, at 1:30 pm.
- Rev. Thomas A. Flowers, Pastor
- Rev. Jones Kukatla, Associate Pastor
- Deacon Bill McGann, Deacon
- Deacon Marty Barrett, Deacon
- Deacon Don Lydick, Deacon
- Deacon Howard League, Deacon
- Deacon Al Barros, Deacon
- Nancy Seaver, Office Director
- Carol Turoczy, Executive Secretary
- Judy Gibson, Office Assistant
- Bernadette Baker, Administrative Assistant
- Mrs. Mary Body, Director of Christian Formation
- Michael McShane, Assistant, Christian Formation
- Mike Pfarr, Facilities Manager
- Chuck Allen, Maintenance
- Bill Danhardt, Custodial
- Dee Willey, Custodial
- Sheila Allen, Facilities Rental Coordinator
- Bob Hearn, Business Manager
- Jean Stewart, Development Director
10/11/19 9:17 am
WASHINGTON – The Catholic Church in the United States will celebrate National Vocation Awareness Week, November 3-9, 2019. During this week, dioceses across the U.S. lead the effort in parishes and schools to uphold and encourage the fostering of vocations among the faithful and to pray for those currently discerning a call to marriage, ordained ministry, or consecrated life.
In his message for the 2019 World Day of Prayer for Vocations, Pope Francis reminded the faithful that unlike a secular career, a vocation is a gift born from God’s own initiative: “The Lord’s call is not an intrusion of God into our freedom; it is not a ‘cage’ or burden to be borne. On the contrary, it is the loving initiative whereby God encounters us and invites us to be a part of a great undertaking.”Read More
Pope Francis Accepts Resignation of Bishop John Jenik, Names New Auxiliary Bishops for Archdiocese of New York
10/10/19 1:34 am
WASHINGTON—Pope Francis has appointed the Rev. Msgr. Gerardo Colacicco and the Rev. Msgr. Edmund Whalen as Auxiliary Bishops-elect of New York.
Monsignor Colacicco is a priest of the Archdiocese of New York and currently serves as Pastor of St. Joseph-Immaculate Conception Parish in Millbrook, NY. Monsignor Whalen is a priest of the Archdiocese of New York and currently serves as Vicar for Clergy for the Archdiocese. The appointments were publicized today in Washington, D.C, by Archbishop Christophe Pierre, Apostolic Nuncio to the United States.Read More
USCCB President and Vice President Candidate List Released; Elections to take place at November General Assembly in Baltimore
10/09/19 7:02 am
WASHINGTON—The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) will elect their next president and vice president at the upcoming general assembly, which meets November 11-13 in Baltimore. Each office is elected from a slate of 10 candidates who have been nominated by their fellow bishops.
The slate of candidates for president and vice president are as follows (in alphabetical order):Read More
10/11/19 9:43 am
The giving spirit of an Archmere Academy student who died tragically two years ago was recalled recently when a foundation established in his name distributed funds to local schools to support the performing arts. Anthony Penna, 17, died Oct. 3, 2017, from injuries he suffered in a car accident on Sept. 29 of that year. […]
The post Anthony Penna Charitable Fund makes September month of giving, not grieving appeared first on The Dialog.Read More
10/10/19 3:25 pm
BERLIN, Md. — Representatives from the Knights of Columbus Ocean City Council No. 9053 held their annual soccer challenge at Most Blessed Sacrament School on Sept. 27. The challenge offers students the opportunity to compete to reach an international level of competition, the school said. For this event, students in grades one through eight, “demonstrate […]
The post Most Blessed Sacrament participates in Knights of Columbus soccer challenge in Berlin, Md. appeared first on The Dialog.Read More
10/10/19 2:20 pm
WILMINGTON — Of all the new principals in the Diocese of Wilmington this year or probably most years, few are as familiar with their school as Mary McClory. The new leader at Padua Academy has served as a teacher, department chair, vice principal and now principal at the all-girls institution for going on 23 years. […]
The post New boss at the top is a familiar face around campus as Mary McClory takes over at Padua Academy appeared first on The Dialog.Read More