St. Jude The Apostle Parish Library
The goal of the Parish Library Committee of St. Jude The Apostle Catholic Church is to develop a quality collection of current and classic books and audiovisual materials related to Catholicism and Christianity in order to provide adults, youth and children with spiritual inspiration, information, and guidance.
St. Jude The Apostle Parish Library is located in the Christian Formation Center. The Library is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM and during Religious Education classes.
All are welcome to browse and enjoy our collection of books, CDs, DVDs and reference materials. For your searching convenience, the card catalogue and computer catalog list all of our library holdings by author, title, and subject.
The circulating collection is self-service and includes an interesting and growing variety of books and audio-visuals. One can find materials on spirituality, prayer, Sacred Scripture, the sacraments, family life, Church history, art, biography, fiction, and literature.
In addition to the circulating materials, we have a non-circulating reference section, which includes encyclopedias, Bibles, concordances.
The library can be enjoyed by the whole family. A special section for children and youth includes age-appropriate books and DVD's.
All materials except reference books may be checked out for a period of 3 weeks. It can be renewed unless someone is waiting to check it out.
New volunteers are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about the Committee call St Jude The Apostle’s Catholic Church Parish Office at 302-644-7300 leave your name and phone number and someone from the Committee will return your call.
St. Jude The Apostle Catholic Church Library Donation Policy
The Parish Library Committee expresses its gratitude to all who have donated items and given monetary donations to the Parish Library. As a result, our library has a wonderful array of topics for all ages to enjoy, and bookshelves that are almost filled to capacity. Considering, please be conscious of the donation policy as donations that do not meet the criteria are not able to be used. It would also be helpful if you leave your name with the items you donate.
Due to limited space, the Committee has developed the following criteria for donated items:
- A religious classic donation should have a current reprint date, within the past 10 years. Other donations must have a copyright no older than 15 years from the present date. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis upon the approval of the Library Committee.
- The Library does not accept cassette recordings, VHS, videotapes, magazines or pamphlets.
- The Library will keep no more than 2 copies of the same title.
- Items concerning Catholic faith and morals must have an Imprimatur andNihil Obstat, the official sanction of the Catholic Church.
- Items must not have any markings, underlining, highlighting, or pages that are yellowed.
- Items must be clean and in a condition that would be inviting to users.